CommonLit's Text Features
Elements of a CommonLit text
- How do students annotate? Can students highlight and add notes or annotations to an assignment?
- Which types of questions can students answer for Library Lessons assigned digitally on the CommonLit platform?
- How can I use CommonLit texts in my instruction?
- How can I use paired texts in my classroom?
- How can I use related media in my classroom?
- What are the differences between a "guiding question," an "assessment question," and a "discussion question"?
- How can I use the discussion questions in my lesson?
- Do you have accessibility supports for struggling readers, students with IEPs, or ELLs?
- Can teachers and students translate text into another language?
- Can I try out annotations? How can I model annotations for my students?
- Can I print out CommonLit texts and questions?
- Can I change the Lexile level of a text?
- Is there a parent guide for texts?
- Does CommonLit work on iPads?
- Do you have exemplars for each short-answer question that I could share with my students?