This article is intended only for partner districts using ClassLink. ClassLink is available to schools and districts who purchase CommonLit School Essentials or CommonLit School Essentials PRO. To learn more about School Essentials or School Essentials PRO, please head to: https://www.commonlit.org/en/school-essentials.
There are 2 ways to add a co-teacher to your ClassLink class:
- Allow them to be synced automatically by ClassLink
- Instruct them to use the Join Class as Co-Teacher button with a class code
Option 1: Import Co-Teachers from ClassLink
CommonLit automatically updates students and co-teachers to match ClassLink rosters.
If a teacher has a CommonLit account linked to ClassLink and they are shared as a co-teacher in a ClassLink class, CommonLit will automatically add that teacher as a co-teacher to the imported ClassLink class.
Option 2: Join Class as Co-Teacher with a class code
If co-teachers are not listed in your ClassLink class or are not shared with CommonLit, they can still join a ClassLink-controlled class in CommonLit manually.
For Primary Teachers/Class Owners:
If you are the owner of a ClassLink-managed class, you can provide your co-teacher with your class code. Your co-teacher will use that class code to request to join your class.
- You can send them an invite from your Manage Classes page.
- Click Options > Manage Co-Teachers, add the email on their CommonLit account to the Invite Co-Teachers field, and click Update.
- Alternatively, you can click Options > Manage Co-Teachers, and provide your teacher with your class code. Note: Students will not be able to join your roster using this class code.
- CommonLit will send your co-teacher the directions! Be on the lookout for their request in your Notifications bell or on your Manage Classes page. When you receive the request, click the Accept button.
For Secondary Teachers:
- You can request to join a ClassLink roster from your Manage Classes page.
- Click the Join Class as Co-Teacher button and enter the class code for the ClassLink class you wish to join.
- Then, wait for your co-teacher to accept the request! (CommonLit will send them a notification, but you can always give them a heads up.)
Did you receive an error message when joining a class as a co-teacher with a class code?
- You must be in the same official school as the class to request to join it. If the error message says you are not enrolled in the right school, go to your My Account page and join the school that the class belongs to. If you are in the wrong school currently, you can switch schools. If you are in multiple schools, you can add an additional school.
- CommonLit does not allow you to join a class that is linked to an unofficial or non-U.S. school. Have the class owner send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if they need help transferring their class into an official school.