There are 2 ways to add a co-teacher to your ClassLink class:
- Allow them to be synced automatically by ClassLink
- Instruct them to Join Class as Co-Teacher with a class code
Option 1: Co-Teachers Imported from ClassLink
CommonLit automatically updates students and co-teachers to match ClassLink rosters.
If a teacher has a CommonLit account linked to ClassLink and they are shared as a co-teacher in a ClassLink class, CommonLit will automatically add that teacher as a co-teacher to the imported ClassLink class.
Option 2: Join Class as Co-Teacher with a class code
If co-teachers are not listed in your ClassLink class or are not shared with CommonLit, they can still join a ClassLink-controlled class in CommonLit manually.
For Primary Teachers/Class Owners:
If you are the owner of a ClassLink-managed class, you can provide your co-teacher with your class code. Your co-teacher will use that class code to request to join your class.
- You can send them an invite from your Manage Classes page.
- Click Options > Manage Co-Teachers, add their CommonLit account email to the Invite Co-Teachers field, and click Update.
- Alternatively, you can click Options > Manage Co-teachers, and provide your teacher with your class code. Note: Students will not be able to join your roster using this class code.
- We'll send them the directions! Be on the lookout for their request in your notifications or on your Manage Classes page. When you get it, Approve their request.
For Secondary Teachers:
- You can request to join a ClassLink roster from your Manage Classes page.
- Click Join Class as Co-Teacher and enter the class code for the ClassLink class you wish to join.
- Then wait for your co-teacher to accept it! (We send them some notifications, but you can always give them a heads up when you talk to them next.)
If you get an error message when joining by class code:
- You must be in the same official school as the class to request to join it. If the error message says you are not enrolled in the right school, go to your My Account page and join the school that the class belongs to. If you are in the wrong school currently, you can switch schools. If you are in multiple schools, you can add an additional school.
- We do not allow you to join a class that is linked to an unofficial or non-U.S. school. Have the class owner reach out to us if they need help transferring their class into an official school.
Please sign in to leave a comment.