This article is intended only for customers and partners using Canvas. Our Canvas integration is available for schools and districts who purchase our School Essentials PRO package. To learn more about School Essentials PRO, please head to: https://www.commonlit.org/en/school-essentials
Importing a course from Canvas is an optional step to bring your Canvas rosters into CommonLit. CommonLit will allow you to import any published, available Canvas courses as CommonLit classes. To import a Canvas course, please do the following:
1. On Canvas, click Assignments on your course navigation.
2. Then, click + Assignment.
3. On your Assignment form, select External Tool under Submission Type.
4. Click Find to search for CommonLit.
5. If your class is published and available to import, click Import Class or click Import from Canvas at the bottom of the screen.
6. Select the grade levels and subjects associated with your class, then click Import.
7. CommonLit will automatically import your class and its students and co-teachers.
Note: If you haven’t already done so, you'll first be prompted to connect your existing CommonLit account to Canvas or create a new CommonLit account linked to Canvas.
Interested in integrating CommonLit with ClassLink, Clever, or Canvas at your school? Check out School Essentials PRO to save time and get set up quickly. Learn more about CommonLit's integrations here.