This article is intended only for customers and partners using Canvas. Our Canvas integration is available for schools and districts who purchase our School Essentials PRO package. To learn more about School Essentials PRO, please head to: https://www.commonlit.org/en/school-essentials
You must first import a Canvas course in order to link CommonLit assignments to Canvas. CommonLit will allow you to import any published, available Canvas courses as CommonLit classes. To import a Canvas course, you must do the following:
1. On Canvas, click Assignments on your course navigation.
2. Then, click + Assignment.
3. On your Assignment form, select External Tool under Submission Type.
4. Click Find to search for CommonLit.
5. If your class is published and available to import, click Import Class.
6. Select the grade levels and subjects associated with your class, then click Import.
7. CommonLit will automatically import your class and its students and co-teachers.
Note: If you haven’t already done so, connect your existing CommonLit account to Canvas or create a new CommonLit account linked to Canvas.