- Port 443 must be open.
- The network should open firewalls for www.commonlit.org, assets.commonlit.org, cdn.commonlit.org, audio.commonlit.org, and commonlit.org subdomains.
- The network should allow access to commonlit-private-assets.s3.amazonaws.com.
- We don't have a stable IP range because we are on a cloud provider that frequently shifts IP addresses.
Accessing CommonLit Support:
- Our support page for students is managed by Zendesk (https://support.commonlit.org/hc/en-us/categories/360000796933-CommonLit-Digital-Student-Experience).
- When CommonLit has an outage, we report it on status.commonlit.org pop-ups. We know sometimes students see "Restricted" on these pop-ups when their devices block Statuspage. Our status page is managed by Atlassian Status page. The direct link to permit for students it https://rwty6j9rbg6v.statuspage.io/.
Accessing third-party materials linked on CommonLit:
- Our CommonLit 360 materials link extensively to Google Docs, with several youtube.com or vimeo.com videos in our related media explorations as well. The biggest thing we recommend for teachers on the 360 platform is allowing access to Google Docs from outside of the district's G Suite.
- Additionally, our related media on texts in our supplemental (non-360) library comes from a variety of sources - most notably, from across youtube.com. The list of related media providers we embed directly on the site is:
- All vimeo videos are created by and copyrighted to CommonLit under our https://vimeo.com/user97050722 account.
- Some youtube videos are created by and copyrihted to CommonLit under our https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9hS8sB48MlKYlXBbLalWnw channel.
- Most youtube links in our related media are created and uploaded by third parties.
- nationalgeographic.com (there are variations on this URL — e.g. kids.nationalgeographic.com, video.nationalgeographic.com)
- We also will link to several other educational websites (such as museums or virtual maps) for particular lessons.