- Port 443 must be open.
- The network should open firewalls for www.commonlit.org, assets.commonlit.org, cdn.commonlit.org, audio.commonlit.org, video.commonlit.org, and commonlit.org subdomains.
- The network should allow access to commonlit-private-assets.s3.amazonaws.com.
- CommonLit is on a cloud provider that frequently shifts IP addresses, and as such does not have a stable IP range.
Accessing CommonLit Support:
- The CommonLit Support Center for Students is managed by Zendesk.
- When CommonLit has an outage, you can find reports via status.commonlit.org pop-ups. Students sometimes see "Restricted" on these pop-ups when their devices block the Status page, which is managed by the Atlassian Status Page. The direct CommonLit Status page link to permit for students is https://rwty6j9rbg6v.statuspage.io/.
Accessing third-party materials linked on CommonLit:
- CommonLit 360 materials link extensively to Google Docs, with several youtube.com or vimeo.com videos in the Related Media explorations as well. CommonLit strongly recommends teachers who utilize the 360 platform to allow access to Google Docs from outside of the district's G Suite.
- Additionally, related media for texts in the CommonLit (non-360) library may come from a variety of sources - most notably from across youtube.com. See this list of related media providers CommonLit embeds directly on the site:
- All Vimeo videos are created by and copyrighted to CommonLit under our https://vimeo.com/user97050722 account.
- Some YouTube videos are created by and copyrighted to CommonLit under our https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9hS8sB48MlKYlXBbLalWnw channel.
- Most YouTube links in our related media are created and uploaded by third parties.
- nationalgeographic.com (there are variations on this URL — e.g. kids.nationalgeographic.com, video.nationalgeographic.com)
- CommonLit will also link to several other educational websites (such as museums or virtual maps) for particular lessons.