When you create an assignment in CommonLit, we open up a Share Assignment window with several Share options that looks like this:
Please note that:
- Every assignment for every class or small group has its own assignment link.
- If you create an assignment for multiple classes, there will be multiple assignment links for those classes.
Follow these steps to share your assignment link to your LMS:
- Create an assignment in CommonLit for a class
- When the Share Assignment window appears, click Copy the link to this assignment
- If you exit out of the Share Assignment window, you can reopen it by pressing the Share icon in the top-right corner of the Assignment (or from its Dashboard or Report) at any time.
- Manually create an assignment in your LMS for the corresponding class and paste the assignment link as an attachment to the assignment.
- Repeat this process for each class you have in CommonLit, as every class in CommonLit with the same text assigned to it has a unique assignment link.
- When a student clicks an assignment link, it will ask them to log in to CommonLit and will then redirect them to the assignment. When a teacher clicks the assignment link, it will redirect them to the Assignment Dashboard.
You can reopen the Share Assignment window by clicking the share icon in the top-right corner of a class's assignment.