In order to help you make your instructional choices, we have developed a Purpose Guide that shows all of the different purposes you could bring to a literary or informational text, as well as the CommonLit tools that best support each purpose. This guide also includes 16 sample lessons that model how to bring different purposes to the texts “Home” by Gwendolyn Brooks and “Alexander Hamilton” by Jessica McBirney. If you would like to plan your own lessons in our CommonLit lesson planning template, you can download your own copy here.
Articles in this section
- Does CommonLit offer a student preview for teachers?
- What learning management systems and rostering solutions does CommonLit integrate with?
- CommonLit Short Answer Response Rubric
- CommonLit Lesson Planning Template
- CommonLit and Google Classroom Educator Starter Kit
- Student Sign-Up and Sign-In Instructions Handouts
- Introducing Students to CommonLit Slidedeck Presentation
- CommonLit Purpose Guide
- Do you offer log-in instructions for students I imported from Google Classroom?