Is CommonLit research-based?
- Based on analysis of over one million students using CommonLit during 2017 and 2018, a third-party evaluator authored a report on CommonLit's effectiveness. The report found that:
- Students who complete more CommonLit assignments experience greater gains in reading performance
- Increased CommonLit usage is associated with more students at proficient or mastery level on a state assessment
- Students at Title I (low-income) schools experience greater gains on CommonLit
- Students who were exposed to CommonLit in our 2014 quasi-experiment showed greater gains in student engagement than a comparison group. Read our full report from 2014.
- CommonLit is entirely research based. Our whole program is designed to nudge teachers to use best practices in adolescent literacy instruction. Learn more about the practices CommonLit promotes here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.