Is CommonLit research-based?
- Based on analysis of over one million students using CommonLit during 2017 and 2018, a third-party evaluator authored a report on CommonLit's effectiveness. The report found that:
- Students who complete more CommonLit assignments experience greater gains in reading performance
- Increased CommonLit usage is associated with more students at proficient or mastery level on a state assessment
- Students at Title I (low-income) schools experience greater gains on CommonLit
- Students who were exposed to CommonLit in our 2014 quasi-experiment showed greater gains in student engagement than a comparison group. Read our full report from 2014.
- CommonLit is entirely research based. Our whole program is designed to nudge teachers to use best practices in adolescent literacy instruction. Learn more about the practices CommonLit promotes here.