CommonLit does not currently support a setting to disable read aloud for a class or for particular students. Every English student assignment on CommonLit currently has read aloud functionality. Spanish texts do not currently support read aloud.
Articles in this section
- Can I customize which questions my students can answer?
- What is the difference between a Diagnostic, Formative, and Summative Assessment?
- How do I create an assignment?
- How do I assign a reading to a single student or small group of students?
- How do I share an assignment?
- How can I post and manage CommonLit assignments in Google Classroom?
- How do I share an assignment to Schoology or another LMS?
- What is Guided Reading Mode? How can I enable it?
- How can I save texts for later?
- Can I set a start date for an assignment?