If the Share Assignment buttons to post an assignment and its scores to Google Classrooms is disabled, it could be for several reasons:
- The assignment is past its due date
- The assignment is an individual or small group assignment
- The assignment has already been shared to Google Classroom
- If the assignment has a start date in the future, we will wait to post it to Google Classroom on the morning of the start date. You will see the assignment appear in Google Classroom on its start date.
- If you delete the assignment on Google Classroom, it is not immediately possible to re-share it from CommonLit.
- If students have NOT begun: You will need to also delete the assignment on CommonLit for all classes, reassign it on CommonLit, and then repost it to Google Classroom. For instructions on how to delete an assignment, see How do I delete an assignment?
- If students have begun: Email email@example.com and ask us to unlink the assignment from Google Classroom so you can share it to Google again.
- The class lost its connection to Google Classroom
- This final option is not common. To test, go to Manage Classes, click Reauthorize Google Classroom, then click the green sync icon for the class. Then check to see if you can share the assignment on Google Classroom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you still cannot post assignments to Google Classroom.