CommonLit is mostly compatible with tablets such as iPads. Students can read and submit assignments on iPads. Students can hear text read aloud and read translations on iPads. Students can view existing highlights and view, edit, and delete existing notes on iPads held in the horizontal position; students cannot currently add new annotations on iPads.
Articles in this section
- Can students highlight or add notes to an assignment? How do students annotate?
- Can I try out annotations? How can I model annotations for my students?
- Why does CommonLit use "they" instead of "him" or "her" when referring to the speaker of a poem or one person on the site?
- Is there a parent guide for texts?
- Do you have accessibility supports for struggling readers, students with IEPs, or ELLs?
- Does CommonLit work on iPads?
- Can teachers and students translate text into another language?
- How can I use CommonLit texts in my lessons?
- How can I use the discussion questions in my lesson?
- How can I use related media in my classroom?