Strong text selection is the linchpin to all CommonLit 360 units, as the texts form the foundation of rich content and deep inquiry. Our selected texts are worthy of students’ time and attention, meet grade-level complexity requirements, and share valuable information and perspectives aligned to a unit’s essential questions, themes, and topics. Through text selection, we seek to ensure that students’ identities and life experiences are reflected in the works they read and that they have opportunities to explore content, identities, and perspectives beyond those already familiar to them. Across the whole curriculum, over 50% of our texts feature authors or protagonists of color. A text list for each unit is available in each Unit Guide.
Articles in this section
- Is CommonLit 360 available in Spanish?
- When will CommonLit 360 be available?
- Does CommonLit offer a comprehensive curriculum?
- How was the CommonLit 360 curriculum developed?
- How are CommonLit 360 texts selected?
- How does CommonLit 360 approach text complexity?
- How is CommonLit 360 horizontally aligned?
- How is CommonLit 360 vertically aligned?
- Has the CommonLit 360 curriculum been externally evaluated?
- Can teachers use CommonLit 360 units out of order or for intervention?