If a student has two or more CommonLit accounts, teachers can merge the student's duplicate accounts if they are all enrolled in the same class. This way, they will have just one set of login credentials and all of their assignments on one account.
To merge a student's duplicate accounts:
- Go to your Manage Classes page.
- Click the class name for the class in which your student has created more than one account.
- Use the check boxes to select the student's duplicate accounts. Please note: you can only merge two accounts at a time.
- Scroll up to the top of the Manage Students table and click the Merge Students button to merge the two accounts.
- Choose the username you wish for the student to keep on their newly merged account. It is recommended that teachers check with the student to find out which account they know the password for.
- When merging a Google account and a non-Google account, CommonLit will always preserve the Google account's email, username, and password.
- You cannot merge two accounts that are both connected to Google Classroom.
This process will merge your student's multiple accounts and assignments, and they will then only require one login username and password for this newly merged account.